Friday, October 3, 2008

My First Bike Ride


Hey everybody!
Today I entered the world of cycling with a few friends of mine who I met out here in Japan. I got my new bike in the mail last week and with the help of my friend Sam we got it all put together and adjusted. The frame is aluminum with carbon fork and seat stays, carbon crank and Shimano Ultegra components (don't worry I'm not sure what all that means either, but I'm told it's a pretty sweet bike). Anyway, there's a group of people that ride on Saturday mornings around the base and I met up with them for three laps around the flightline for a grand total of 26 miles or so. We kept a pretty good pace with an average of about 18mph. It didn't really feel that taxing to me, but my rear still has to get used to the seat. Hopefully I'll be able to sit down tomorrow. The weather today was beautiful and Amy and I are now on our way to a squadron Luau. It should be pretty fun. I'm looking into some triathlons in the future, but haven't picked one out just yet. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: