Monday, June 7, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Hey folks! Sorry for the lack of blogging. I'm keeping busy with work, trail running, and swimming. I even had Chris home for a week which might be the most we see each other between May and August. Yikes! Between his travel for work and my travel for fun we have a busy summer planned. I'm leaving in 2 days for sunny California! We get plenty of sun here in Okinawa, but I'm talking sunny, virtually-humidity-free California! I'm really looking forward to this trip. It's been a year and a half since I've seen my parents and almost 5 years since I've seen my California-side of the family (Grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins, and second cousins - most of whom I haven't me yet). Besides seeing my family I am ridiculously excited about getting to eat all the fresh fruits and veggies I want. Our selection can be very limited and price prohibiting here in the island. I'll be gone for 2 weeks but should have some good pictures and great blogs coming up after that. For a little extra fun I conned my mom into running a 25K trail race with me. Woohoo! Good times!

4 comments:

Tyler Tuszynski said...

I look forward to the pictures and blogs of your left coast adventure!

Unknown said...

Have a truly great time. I look forward to hearing all about it. Good luck with the race.

Ummie said...

Have a nice time with your family.

Henna @ AboutDivorce Blog said...

you title reminded me of the great song - i m leaving on a jet plane and made me a bit emotional as all my family is far away from me and traveled by the jet plane, a nice blog with very cute family pictures, good work