Monday, September 8, 2008

Move-in day and my new bike

Tomorrow is move in day at our new home. As a result there will be no phone or internet setup for possibly up to 2 weeks. I'm sure we will be cheacking email on the base almost daily, so drop a line if you need us to call you. We'll try to upload some pictures when the house is all settled in.
In other news I bought a new bike from bikesdirect.com. After consulting with a few bike experts that I know I was convinced that I was getting a great deal and a great bike for commuting and competing with. I'm going to start riding with a group here locally when it arrives (if I can keep up) and hopefully I'll be able to compete in some triathlons this fall/winter as it doesn't really ever get that cold. I'm hoping to add my rides to my running log which you can link to from this page (there is a summary at the bottom of the page). We'll keep you posted on everything else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you sign up to join the Okinawa Multisports group on Yahoo. They put out a ton of info on local races, and there are a lot of cool people to meet ! There is a Triathlon at Okuma at the end of November, 750m swim, 20k bike and 5k run I think....