Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year New Beach


Chris found a beach he wanted to discover while flying some locals for work. He's talked about it for months - it looks beautiful, there's never a lot of people, etc. So, New Year's Day was the day to explore the island and find the mystery beach. Chris plotted it out on a map and we were off. After about an hour and a half drive we found the part of the coast Chris had been searching for. It was well worth the drive! This is by far the most beautiful beach we've been to while here on Okinawa. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.
Here's Chris and Rana going through the treed entry that leads to the beach:
I don't know if I've ever seen water as calm as it was that day. It was stunning, especially matched with the beautiful skyscapes and awesome rock formations.
There were two families skipping stones:
And there was a lady cleaning an octopus. I love this picture. I took it at waist level during a quick walk-by. I think it's great.
There were also some great shells and sea glass. Check out the patterns on this shell. They literally look painted on.
I was slightly obsessed with the stones. I loved the patterns of the striations:
Can you find Rana in this picture? She kind of blends in with the rocks due to me taking pictures when I know the lighting is wrong. I still like it though.
It was so much fun exploring and it seemed so secluded.
But we weren't the only ones there. Check out this crab intersection! I love their tracks.
Chris and I definitely had fun playing photographer and scrambling on rocks.
We even tried out a little black and white:
Chris thinks we have the most photographed dog in the world. He might be right, but we can't help it. She's so stinking cute!
We were also lucky enough to see some kayakers which gave us an idea for our next adventure.
We probably walked the beach for three hours. It was so peaceful and calm and a great way to start the new year.
Finally, a quick shout out to my niece Brittany, her husband Nick, and baby Dylan - the Pino Family! Look what I found at the convenient store!
I'd send you some, but they're ice cream and I don't think they'd make the trip!
I hope everyone has a great 2010 and get out there and explore!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you found the beach. It looks so peaceful. If anyone was made for military life, you two were - making the most of everything.

Courtney said...

Wow...amazing pics! Looks like a magical place to explore. I can't believe that shell...so cool. And if you and I put the pics of our dogs together we could have a heavy coffee table book!!!!!!!! Actually it would be the size of a coffee table. We can't help it if our pups are the most handsome! :>
Courtney
adventures in tri-ing

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Andrew and I are dying to go to that beach. The water looks amazing and Andrew thinks he could swim and snorkel there.

And Rana looked really happy too-the B&W photo may be my favorite one of her.

Talk to you soon. Love, Monica