Saturday, July 18, 2009

Best Boss Ever


I know sometimes I complain about having to work an extra weekend now and then, but my boss Teresa is the reason why. She's great. We just spent the entire week at Okuma (a beach resort for those of you not on Okinawa) with 50 kids from 8 different bases around the Pacific for a Camp Challenge. I was a counselor and was absolutely exhausted after every day, but the amount of work I was doing had nothing on Teresa. She was in charge of all the organization, coordinating with all the bases, setting up all the challenges, and basically just making sure things ran smoothly. She also spent the Sunday night before camp at the Youth Center with the out of towners, as well as the Friday night we got back. Plus, she made about 8 trips to and from the airport getting everyone where they needed to be. And she did all of this with a smile. On top of all that we had an International Lock-In Committee meeting the Saturday after we got back from camp. By the end of the meeting we were both dead on our feet. My eyes were stinging they were so tired. When we walked out of the Youth Center to head home I had a flat tire. I could have handled it, but Teresa stuck around and helped me change it. That's why when I work an extra weekend shift I stick it out and don't quit. It's hard to find a boss that is kind and passionate about their job. I've got a lot to learn from Teresa. I'll write more about the Okuma Camp Challenge once I muster up the energy to go through the 550 pictures I took.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like a very hard week but worthwhile. I am glad you have a good boss. You deserve to have the best of everything.

Heather Hansen said...

I love that you can change your own tire. You're so handy! that's why I have a friend like you.

Chris and Amy said...

That's why I'm granola!

Mary and Sean said...

this is a pretty inspiring story. A good reminder for me lately as I've been mopey about work.